Thursday, January 1, 2009

Rose Bowl Party....Happy New Year!

I started off the New Year with a $10,000 moment.
This morning I went for a run, about 1.5 miles into it, I got a bit warm. I called Lance who was at the track with Jaycie and had him come by and grab my scarf so I didn't have to pack it on my run. While running up a small grade to Lance's truck....I clumsily tripped on the curb and went head first into the back door, driver's side of his truck. Yes, I made a dent. ( you can't really see it great in the picture below, but it's there!)
If you can't laugh at yourself.....I guess you shouldn't laugh at other's either!
I got a pretty good laugh out of this, so did Lance and Jaycie.
I did continue on my run and finished out about 9 miles.
I think I'm a bit shorter now, tonight my neck is pretty sore and I have a head ache.
I really hope this isn't an indication of how the rest of my year is going to go.

The Griffin's invited us over for the Rose Bowl today! The guys hung out and watched the

game and the gals went up and watched Mamma Mia! Normally, I really like
to watch football, but I would choose a musical anyday over football!
Even listening to Pierce Brosnan murder "I do, I do". That's my favorite scene in the
whole movie...btw!

I wonder who we were cheering for?

The gang, watching USC win!

John made his famous "Mantown" brisket! I've mentioned it before...
my favorite meal!
Brisket, baked beans, cheezy potatoes and corn bread.
The Griffin's made their bbq bacon wrapped shrimp and carne asada. (they get it a meat
market in Vegas......oh, my, gosh, it's so good!)
This meal rocked!

Tyler has been trying to get me to hold his snake forever....
now we have proof that I finally did!
And......smiling!
Kylie has also had a snake phobia....this didn't help!

Lovin' the snake!
Kylie and Tyler
more future wedding pictures.....with the snake.
I don't know if I've mentioned Kylie and Tyler's plan to marry one day.
They aren't romantically involved, but are constantly planning for their future. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that Tyler is going to be a rich doctor some day.
Hmmm, smart thinkin' Ky!

2 comments:

Karie Coats said...

Oh my heck!!! That is sooo funny about the truck! I'm glad that you are ok, sure looks like the truck got hurt though! So it sounds like you are still rocking at your running, you still running the 1/2 this month???

Shotwell's said...

I am still planning on running the 1/2 on the 17th. Although, after the sledding accident I had yesterday, I'm not sure how fast I'll be. I am hoping that I heal quickly. I've heard it takes about 6 weeks to heal from cracked ribs. ugh!