Sunday, January 18, 2009

Me, Myself, and I

I have to admit that I feel a bit guilty blogging only about myself this week....
but, it's been a crazy, whirlwind, life changing week for me!
Here's what I accomplished...
The St. George Painter's Half Marathon
Here I am preparing for the race...putting on the chip!
Everyone waiting for the race to start...it was a bit chillie!
On your mark, get set, GO! This is about Mile 9...
I felt really good the whole race, which came as a huge surprise to me!

Having a great time! I must not have pushed it hard enough!!
It was just too much fun!
I finished in 2:13.33
A great time for taking it pretty easy and feeling great after the race.
My ribs didn't bother me for the most part during the race, but
they near killed me after. They had chiropractors for massages
after the race and they were able to get me back to
feeling awesome!
The whole experience was amazing....can't wait til the next one!
I felt like it was my first day of Kindergarten throughout the day having all these
pictures taken of me. But I am grateful to my mom and Lance
for being there to take the pictures! It's fun to be able to relive the memories!
My First Day of Work!
(I really do feel like a kindergartener!)
The other really fun thing that happened this week is that I started
back to work! I am now working with State Farm Insurance - the Greg Ashcroft Agency!
I look forward to this change and feel it will be the first step in many life changes!
Life will be very full of routine for me now! My work schedule is
9am to 6 pm, Monday thru Friday.
I will have to be very structured, but I've found that is when I get the most done and
feel the most accomplished!
Feel free to share any suggestions and secrets of pulling off this chapter of my life!

6 comments:

farmgirl said...

It's really not okay that you look like that after 13 miles- whether you "took it easy" or not. Congrats on the finish and the start of a new job! Good luck, let me know if I can help with anything...

Becca said...

WOW--good for you, that's awesome. YOU GO GIRL!!

Bottoms Family said...

I wish I could do the run thing! You have a wonderful family. I'm sure you will balance it all wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kellie! I love your cute blog and reading about your family. They are growing up so fast. Congrats on the half marathon that is a huge milestone. Way to go! Sounds like you are excited about your new job, good luck with that!

Shotwell's said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! You are all so good for my ego! It was a lot of fun!

Karie Coats said...

Wow, Kellie, I'm soooooo proud of you! I wish I could have been there racing with you like I initially planned, but obviously the whole pregnancy thing took over my mind and body! And good luck going back full time!!! I'm calling you this week!!!!