Sunday, July 20, 2008

What? Still no pictures???

The bad news is, I still don't have any new pictures to share with you! But the GOOD news is.........I was able to find a place that sold the cd's that my camera uses, thus making it usable once again! YEAH! So I just got the disks in the mail this week and I can't wait to start taking pictures again! I just have to figure out how to transfer the pictures from camera to computer without finalizing the disk and cancelling it's potential to hold up to 100 some odd pictures! I'll figure it out! So watch in the near future for fun pictures! Last weeks excitement includes........ Wednesday Jaycie and Skyler and I went to our Young Men's/Young Women's activity. Ky had a dance workshop so she missed out. It was fun! They did an olympics competition (silly olympics)! They had blind folded cotton ball pass, Whip Cream Whistling, Marshmallow launch (yes, out your nose!)! The other one I can't remember what they called it, but they had you put on a beenie, covering your eyes with it. Then they wrapped duct tape backwards (sticky side out) around the beenie! They threw forks on the floor and you had to see how many you could get stuck to your head! It was hillarious, and if I could figure out how to transfer pictures from my phone to here, I would share some fun video clips as well as a picture of the whip cream fight that Sky and Jaycie got in! Friday night Lance, Mom and I went to Mama Mia the movie! I LOVED it! First I have to admit that I'm not a huge movie critic, I love everything but I reallly enjoyed this movie! If I were to get critical maybe I would say that Pierce Brosnan was not the BEST singer in the movie, but I still loved him! Meryl Streep was fun and energetic and after 30 years of having The Sound of Music at the top of my movie list..........Mama Mia takes it! The main part that stole my heart and moved it to the top of the list was when they sang "I do, I do" I remember being little girl about the age of 3 and LOVING this song. My daddy sang it to me, my grandma sang it to me and they loved to get me to sing it to them! I have a fond memory of driving over the Winona bridge on our way home to Wisconsin........standing next to my dad (before seatbelt laws) in the front seat of the car singing the song with him! Go check out the movie and let me know what you thought! I am hoping to catch the show in Vegas for our anniversary! I'll keep my fingers crossed! Saturday we took Ky and Sky up to the Shotwell Family Reunion which is being held on Cedar Mt. this year, at Horse Valley! We spent the day hanging out with family and playing Hillbilly Horseshoes. If you haven't played it, you ought to try it! Hillbilly horseshoes is played with 2 teams of two and you throw golf balls on a string to the opposite bolas (bolos) which is a 3 foot tall pvc structure with 3 horizontal pipes that you try to get the ball to wrap around. It's hours of fun! BTW, I pulled those instructions off of a website, those weren't my own words! LOL! We also are looking to make a "Cornhole" game which is a bean bag toss game. Fun stuff! I admit that I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures. We are going up on Wednesday to camp for the rest of the week. It's killing all of us to be home and not be with the rest of the family, but we're trying to be responsible and make some money, you know........pay some bills etc.... Nobody ever said it would be fun to be an adult! Jaxyn woke up this morning and said "are we going camping?" I regretfully had to tell him that we were not going camping but to church! Needless to say he wasn't too excited about that idea! We got through the day and are counting down the days til we get back to the Mt! My mom was able to come with us for the day and it was great! Thanks for coming mom! Today was a great Sunday too! We had the Carty's over for Brats and Sauerkraut! Yummy! Kim made some super yummy homemade chips and pico de gallo and also some bean salsa! Mom came over for a few hours and we played Xinchec (sp?) which is a fun card game kind of like Phase 10! It was great fun, and then I took a nap for a couple hours! That pretty much sums it up! It's been a fun week but next week will be even more fun! I will take lots of pictures! Yeah! Have a great week, enjoy your 24th of July.........those of you who get the holiday!! Grateful to live in Utah! LOL!

No comments: