Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Eggs.....

It's that time of year! Time to figure out how long exactly it takes to boil the perfect easter egg!
This year, I didn't take much time to think about it. Normally, I end up calling my
mom and ask the same question year after year.....How long do I boil the eggs for?
This year, I ended up just winging it! I do that a lot lately! It was late and I was tired...
frankly....I just forgot it takes some thought to end up with a great finished product! Perfectly yellow yolk....I filled my largest pan with water and put it on to boil. I was also trying to get
the kids' homework done....get some dinner on....you know all the normal evening stuff!
The water was boiling and I realized that I had yet to put the eggs in the water! Ugh!
Not an easy thing to do...add eggs to boiling water without breaking them!!
So I gently lowered all 4 dozen eggs, one by one into the water. Set the timer for 10 min.
and prayed for the best! When the timer went off I wondered, do I leave them in the water?
Or do I put cold water on them? Ahhhh...should have called mom!! But I decided to be
a big girl and just figure it out for myself! I ran cold water on them til they were cool. It was time for the test....
1. How does the egg peel? Perfect
2. What color is the yolk? Perfectly Yellow!!
3. How does it taste? Awesome!
I did it! Maybe flying by the seat of my pants is the way to go!
I bet you didn't realize boiling eggs could be so self gratifying!
Skyler was the king of Snow Canyon colored eggs.
Brynklie Jo decided that coloring the eggs directly with her fingers!
What a mess!
Cutie Boy!
Mass Production!

No comments: