Sunday, December 7, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Christmas has come to the Shotwell house!
Every year I try to make this a good experience. If you know anything about me, you will know that I tend to get a little nervous when there is a mess! So....I struggle a bit when
Christmas "throws up" in my family room!
Decorations are strung from one end of the house to the other!
The thing that I have found out is....the kids love it!
This tradition of caos is one of the most important parts of Christmas for them!
They each take part in trimming the tree, and decorating the house!
The Christmas music plays and apparently we have wassail brewing on the stove (I didn't do that this year. I really don't remember that part of the tradition....they are all delusional!)

I try to sit back and enjoy watching them do their thing! Breathe in, Breathe out!

Brynklie and Jaxyn especially enjoy the Nativity. They play for hours moving the figures around! This particular nativity has been with us since....possibly our first Christmas together! It's pretty worn and haggered, being chewed on by puppies and played with by each of our children as they have grown. It's pretty special though!

Dad always helps set up the tree! He puts the star on the top, and
makes sure that the electrical is working properly!

After it's all over the "Christmas Tree Fairy" comes and makes sure that
the ornaments are properly spaced and that there aren't any
"matching" ornaments too close together!
I'm pretty sure it's a psychological disorder!

This year I am very excited to have new stockings! We've had the same knit stockings FOREVER. Even though they were very cute, they were hard to fill and hard to unfill! I got these on a sale last year after Christmas. My friend Heidi took them up to her mother in law at Thanksgiving and she was such a sweetheart to embroider them for us!
Seeing these stockings were like being a kid on Christmas morning!! I was SO excited!
It all comes together and the mess gets cleaned up.
Mom calms down and everyone is happy!
I really do love this season and enjoy the Christmas
decorations that give our home the spirit of Christmas!
Other traditions that we enjoy are, reading the 24 days til Christmas book.
Each morning we read a different story that helps bring the Christmas spirit to us.
Christmas count downs are a plenty in our home and Snowmen are everywhere you look!
The lights on the tree, banaster and curtains are on most of the time,
as well as Christmas music! Kylie makes sure of this!
Wassail, egg nog, pinoche, Christmas cookies....these are just a few of the yummy
treats that are a must!
Christmas eve is the best...I'll post pictures after it takes place,
but it is the most important part of our Christmas traditions!
We hope that you enjoy this Holiday Season and have traditions of your own. If you don't.....start one! I hope that you will share your traditions on your blog as well! I look forward to checking them out! We hope that you feel the true reason for this season. We are grateful to have the opportunity to celebrate the Savior's birth and
reflect on the blessings of the Atonement.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Berryessa Bloggers said...

The Christmas ornaments look beautiful...although, I can see one ornament that looks like it is out of place...that must have been one the kids hung! Have a wonderful Christmas season.