Monday, June 15, 2009

All Summer in a Day!

A week ago, I was feeling a little cheated....
Summer is here, it's beautiful outside, and here I am stuck inside.
I felt sorry for myself for a few days... Remember the short story by Ray Bradbury...
All Summer in a Day?
I think that's what it was called. They did
a short movie about it. I remember watching it in grade school. Anyway, in the movie
a little girl gets put in the closet because she is an outcast. While she is in there, the sun comes out (which doesn't happen but every 7 years on Venus and for only 1 hour)
the other children forget about the girl in the closet and
go out to enjoy the sun. Flowers bloom, the children frolic and play...... the little girl in the
closet is forgotten. I was feeling like that little girl. I decided that I would be locked inside no longer! It was time for all summer in a day!
I started my day off with a run, followed by a full body workout. It was great! We headed to
the pool next! Caught some rays.... had some Arby's for lunch!
The kids had a blast! And I got to watch them... which made it that much better!
A little Jamocha shake in the sun is always fun!
We went home and had baths and next headed to a movie...
Return to Witch Mountain (I give it 2 thumbs up) and then had ice cream!
I forgot to take pictures though....duh!
Then we loaded up the fandamily and went to a Road Runner's game!
Sky loves having his picture taken!
Ate some Bratwurst with Sauerkraut! Mmmmmm Yummy!

Hung out with friends!

Got some Mascot signatures on our arms... okay only BJ and CJ did this!

Watched BJ eat a hot dog bigger than her!

and enjoyed time together.....
It was an awesome day and I felt totally rejuvenated! I think I can
handle a few more weeks til I get a day off for the 4th of July!
Love being with my kiddos!
Happy Summer Everyone!

No comments: